We know you are all gearing up for this Sunday! We couldn’t be more excited to shop with you and enjoy some tailgate treats before kickoff time. Reminder our Superbowl Sale takes place this Sunday 2/3 from 8am-3pm!
Besides sharing some of great game day savings we thought it would be fun to share a Game Day recipe with you. We are so lucky to have Kai help us with all things creative at the store but most importantly she never lets any of us go HUNGRY! Have you checked out her blog yet? https://www.kaiandthekitchen.com/ You are sure to drool over every recipe- make sure to search TACOS- currently craving.
Kai decided it would be fun to share an easy recipe if you are hosting friends and family this Sunday. Here is her recipe for Loaded elote corn guacamole:
Ingredients for the Elote:
- 3 ears sweet corn
- 1 cup crumbled cojita cheese (I buy a pre crumbled bag, if you are crumbling yourself get them pretty small)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons whole 30 or light mayo
- 1/2 lime juiced
Ingredients for the guacamole:
- 3 ripe avocados
- 2 roma tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1/2 jalapeno pepper seeded and minced
- 1/2 medium red onion diced
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic (about 2 cloves)
- 1 lime juiced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 cup cilantro leaves, chopped
- 2 tablespoon pepitas
Instructions for the Elote:
- Shuck your corn and throw it on the grill over medium heat. Grill until it is golden brown and has quite a bit of color and charring. Remove from the grill and allow it to cool slightly. Then remove the corn from the cob to a small mixing bowl.
- Combine grilled corn with cojita cheese, lime juice, mayo, and salt. Mix.
- Dice your red onions very small. I know I will see pictures of this recipe made with giant pieces of red onion. Do not do that!
- Next, dice your jalapeño very small. No heaping chunks of jalapeño either.
- Next tomatahs, spoon out most of the seeds. Dice. These can be bigger then your jalapeño and red onion but not much bigger.
- Chop your cilantro.
- Set all of this aside, do not add to the guacamole bowl yet.
- Now, halve your avocados and remove the pit. Cut avocado into smaller sections in the skin, then scoop out with a spoon into a bowl. Using your fork smash the avocado until its creamy. I like to leave some chunks and some very creamy.
- Combine tomatoes, onion, jalapeño, cilantro, and garlic with avocado. Add olive oil. Add salt, cumin, and lime juice. Stir gently to combine.
- It's time to combine forces. In your guac create a few hole areas for the corn to sink in to. This will ensure that all the corn doesn't get eaten off the top leaving none for the bottom. Then add your corn to the top of your guacamole. Top with pepitas and an extra sprinkle of cheese for good luck. Do not mix together, this is meant to be layered.
We hope you enjoy making this recipe & see you this weekend for some SHOPPING!